The Saramonic HU9 is a handheld microphone with a built-in UHF wireless transmitter and integrated antenna that provides rich, broadcast-quality sound in a durable yet sleek metal body. It’s perfect for use with DSLRs, video cameras or portable audio recorders for capturing interviews, film dialog, field recording, broadcast TV, news gathering, vlogging, YouTube videos and more. The HU9 features sturdy metal construction and delivers excellent sound quality at an affordable price. It’s compact, lightweight, and easy to bring with you on every shoot.
The HU9 is designed to be used with the Saramonic UwMic9 RX9 dual-channel wireless camera-mountable receiver (sold separately). The RX9 enables you to have two on-camera subjects with their own wireless microphones by adding either a TX9 beltpack transmitter and clip-on lavalier microphone, a TX-XLR9 plug-on transmitter and a handheld XLR microphone, or a second HU9 handheld microphone.
The exterior of the HU9 has only one button which makes operating it extremely easy. The combo mute/power button can be locked with a switch hidden inside the body to prevent the person holding the mic from accidentally muting, changing the channel or turning it off. An easy-to-read backlit LCD display clearly shows the remaining battery life, mute status, and the group and its operating channel. A protective ring around the perimeter of the grill prevents the HU9 from rolling when resting on flat surfaces.
The HU9 transmitter also features a selectable RF power output. The “Low” setting lets you extend battery life in situations where the subject is close to the receiver. Medium and High are useful when the subject is going to be further away, or when you’re using the HU9 in an environment with more potential interference. The HU9 is a high-quality piece of equipment with professional features, excellent sound quality, and an unbeatable budget-friendly price.
- Broadcast-quality UHF wireless handheld microphone transmitter for the dual-channel RX9 receiver (sold separately)
- Cardioid pickup pattern rejects unwanted sounds from the sides and rear
- Rugged all-metal construction that has a has a professional, sleek look with easy-to-read backlit LCD display, easy-to-use menus and a single-button control
- Switchable Low or High RF power output for increased battery life or range
- Offers up to 330-foot (100m) operating distance with infrared that makes it easy to sync channels with receiver
- Channels: 96 selectable channels in 2 groups (A and B
- Wireless Frequency Range: 514 MHz - 596 MHz
- Oscillator Type: PLL synthesizer
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Reference audio input level: –60 dBV (MIC input, 0 dB attenuation)
- Antenna: 1/4 λwire antenna
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 70 dB or mor
- Voice Delay: 12 ms
- Reference Deviation: +/- 5 kHz (-60 dBV, 1 kHz input)
- Frequency Response: 40 Hz to 18 kHz (+/- 3dB)
- Distortion: 0.5% or less
- Spur Suppression: -60 dB
- Batteries: 2 LR6/AA size batteries
- Dimensions: 10 x 2.05 x 2.05” (254 x 52 x 52 mm)
- Weight: 11.93oz (338.2g) (without batteries)