The Saramonic SmartRig+ is a compact 2-channel audio interface that enables you to connect any combination of professional microphones, guitars or instruments to DSLRs and video cameras, as well as iPhones, iPads, iPod Touches and Android devices that feature a headphone jack. It’s an ultra-portable, lightweight device that vastly improves the sound quality of the videos you shoot. It also lets you create broadcast-quality audio recordings on your mobile device for podcasting and news gathering. In addition, you can use powerful music-making apps to their full potential by connecting real instruments and professional microphones to your mobile device.
The SmartRig+ features three different kinds of inputs, and there are two of each: XLR, 1/4” (6.35mm), and 1/8“ (3.5mm). All of the inputs remain active, and you can use 4 of them at the same time. The XLR inputs can supply condenser microphones with +48 volts of phantom power, which enables you to use almost any kind of microphone. The 1/4” (6.35mm) inputs are impedance-matched to provide the best sound quality from electric guitars and basses, and acoustic instruments with pickups.
A Mono/Stereo switch on the SmartRig+ lets you choose how the channels will be mixed when connected to a camera or mobile device. When set to Mono, anything you plug in will be recorded to both channels of the camera or mobile device. The Mono setting is useful when you’re just plugging in a single microphone, because the audio will be recorded to both channels on the camera or mobile device. The Stereo setting is useful when you’re plugging two microphones or instruments, because both channels will be recorded as independent tracks. This gives you better editing options in post-production.
If you shoot video on your smartphone, you can connect professional shotgun and lavalier mics to vastly improve your sound quality. The built-in preamps provide clean sound, and if your camera lacks a headphone output, you can use the jack on the SmartRig+. Two nicely-sized gain control knobs allow you to dial in perfect levels with ease. The SmartRig+ is an affordable and ultra-portable device with impeccable sound quality that provides an impressive amount of functionality to a wide range of uses.
- Frequency Response: 20Hz to 20kHz, +/-0.5dB
- Distortion: Less than 0.01% @ 1kHz, -30dBu input
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 80dB @ 1kHz, -30dBu input
- Noise: -98dB full band (with Phantom Power)
- Gain: +23dBu
- Maximum Output Level: 2Vrms
- Phantom Power: 48V
- Phantom Max Current: 13mA
- Channels: 2
- Inputs: 2 x XLR + 1/4" (6.35mm) Combo Jack and 2 x 1.8” (3.5mm) TRS
- Selectable Mixer: Mono or Stereo Output via Toggle Switch
- Outputs: 1 x Male 1/8” (3.5mm) TRRS Output Cable and 1 x Female 1.8” (3.5 mm) Headphone Jack
- Selectable Output: TRS for Camera/Recorder or TRRS for Mobile Devices via Toggle Switch
- Battery: 1 x 9-volt (Alkaline or Lithium)
- Dimensions: 4.72" x 1.57" x 1.57" (120 x 40 x 40mm)
- Weight: 4.6 oz (130g)
In the Box:
- 1 x SmartRig+ Audio Interface
- 1 x Padded soft carrying case with belt loop
- 1 x Hook and loop cable tie and mounting strap
- 1 x Printed manual
- 1 x Warranty card